[nagdu] being reported to your school

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 14:10:13 UTC 2010

Julie,

Thank you for writing this. You expressed my thoughts exactly.  I have
never understood the reporting to the program bit.  I agree that if a
person thinks there is abuse, call the animal control agency in your
city or county.  Calling the school also can turn into a bit of a
witch hunt at times, or so it seems.  I called the program on you, so
you'll call the program on me the next time you see me doing anything
you may deem unacceptable.  Instead of speaking to the person
directly, showing a bit of kindness, offering a bit of support, most
people just call big brother and I can't even begin to express how
much this bothers me.
I also agree that if we want the guide dog programs to respect us, to
treat us as adults, we need to stop treating the programs like the
parent whom we "tattle to" instead of acting like adults and using the
procedures already in place i.e. animal control to deal with issues if
a person feels there is cause.

Rox and the Herbal HenchHounds
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point
out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-
wit, and the emperor remains an emperor."-- Neil Gaiman
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl