[nagdu] finding an empty seat

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 16:43:21 UTC 2010

Julie,

We've kind of developed the chin on the seat way of finding empty seats.  It
works, because I can follow her head to the seat without feeling around all
over.  Mitzi is also good at finding empty tables in restaurants and going
right under, but when we're being led to a table, she doesn't always get
"follow" and will often show me every empty table along the way.  Which is
nerve-wracking, in case she's getting that nose too close to non-empty
tables.  /smile/  She got confused last time we went to a restaurant, I
think, because we were shown to a table right away, then we all got up to
find the restrooms at the other end of the place, so when we came out, she
was a little confused and just showed me the first empty table.  Which
turned out to be where they had decided to move us, because our original
table had been given away while we were gone.  So it worked.

Tami Smith-Kinney