[nagdu] First cane walk!

Gail deerskin at oct.net
Wed Jun 16 21:11:27 UTC 2010

So the rigid fiberglass ones are the best? Given how I would get jarred when
I hit a crack, I would likely break anything less strong at this point.

I think that the rolling marshmallow would be better for our rough country
sidewalks and streets...the city is really bad at maintaining things. I
havent tried to go around the block yet-too hot and humid, and I'm not up to
that long a walk in that yet-but I know from the past that there are lifted
chunks of the sidewalks with tree roots lifting them, parts where the walk
is broken, and chunks missing, and on the back of our block, no sidewalk at
all, and you have to walk in the street till you get to the next street. And
that sidewalk has a part where its gone totally, and humpy with grass and no
edges at all.

Gonna be interesting navigating that! <grin>