[nagdu] Urgently Needed Research

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 17 15:40:58 UTC 2010

Dear All,
    I am writing a resolution to be presented to our national convention concerning bringing state laws into parity with the ADA and criminalizing the denial of access to places of public accommodation. The deadline for the resolution is tomorrow (friday, June 18) at 5:00 pm..
    I am looking for someone who can do some quick research for me concerning how many states have criminal penalties for denial of access? Here's what I need to know:

1. Which states have criminal statutes/penalties for denial of access? (If it is possible to get both the total number and the specific state, that would be great! If this is too time consuming, I need to know if at least 26 states have such remedies!)

2. where did you get the information? Please give as much information as possible, preferrably in APA style. If you don't know what that is, just give me what you can about where the information came from.

    Please send the information to me directly to

Blind411 at Verizon.net

Fraternaly yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
National Federation of the Blind
813-598-7161
Blind411 at Verizon.net

    I appreciate whatever information you can find to help me wrap up this resolution. Once it is finished, I will send it to the lists for comments and to the Board for their approval.
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
National Federation of the Blind
813-598-7161