[nagdu] The Indomitable Spirit of Ray McGeorge to Live in Our Hearts Forever

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 21:04:36 UTC 2010

Dear Fellow Federationists,
    I am forwarding this message from Kevan Worley, President of the Merchants' division of the National Federation of the Blind concerning Ray McGeorge. God Speed, Ray!

Marion Gwizdala

To our Federation Family,

I have been asked by our beloved colleague and friend, Diane to write to all of you with the very sad news that Ray passed away at 8:30 mountain time this morning, June 18th. He was with Diane. He was surrounded by friends and his beloved Federation family. As most of you know, Ray became ill over five weeks ago, and was rushed to the hospital. While at the hospital, later that week, Ray suffered a severe stroke. One week ago, Ray was transferred to the hospice at St. John's. Many of us have been at Ray's side and we know that many hundreds, if not thousands of you have been sending up your prayers for Ray and Diane. Diane has been overwhelmed and appreciative, beyond words of all of your love and heartfelt expressions of support for her and Ray.

We will be sending information about memorial services. It is not my place to get into all of those details in this writing. Please circulate this sad notice to all of our friends and colleagues. I can tell you that throughout the sadness we now know that Ray is at peace. I can also tell you that Diane is now visiting with Dr. Mauer.

Arrangements are being finalized.

Yours in love,

Kevan