[nagdu] Sad News

Cathryn Bonnette cathrynisfinally at verizon.net
Wed Jun 23 16:12:54 UTC 2010

Hi Beverly,

I just tried to call, and you aren't in presently. I too, am so very sorry
for your loss. Each of my guide dog stories is different, but saying the
last good bye never gets any easier.
For me personally, I find that having a new younger dog is the best help.
When I had to put my last dog, Heidi, to sleep after several small strokes
amid other long term medical problems, I had already sent her to a foster
couple. They weren't doing the job I had anticipated, so I picked Heidi up
by cab, and visited our vet, Dr. Lisa Newell in Malibu, who is absolutely
wonderful. She helped me with time and guidance on all options until I
determined it was best to let go. When I came home, crying all the way, my
new guide, Abby, was waiting to play, oblivious to the sad details, and
needing my attention. For me, that helped lots.
Thinking and praying for you as you find your way.

Cathryn (& Abby)