[nagdu] My dream is gone

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Fri Jun 25 03:56:48 UTC 2010

Hi Gail,

I think that you would be an awesome person to owner-train a pup.  You have
the determination as you have proven to all of us through your very
heartfelt correspondences, so maybe it's not the end, but just the
beginning.  My gosh, with the excellent peers on this list, I have no doubt
that they would guide you down the right path.  The problem is not you, but
the schools have not gotten to know who you are and what your challenges are
with your sight impairment.

You know, I faced a similar situation almost 20 years ago, but it was not
with a dog, but with my life.  I almost gave up on a kidney and pancreas
transplant, and just about when I was ready to quit, something miraculous
happened...I got that call.  In January, I will celebrate my 20th year of a
new life, and if I had not believed, I would have never enjoyed the 3 guides
I have had, met literally thousands and thousands of wonderful people,
landed a great job, and met a wonderful blind woman with a guide who I enjoy
spending precious time with.  Nope, things are just starting Gail, please
believe me when I say that.

Kind regards,
Steve, Misha and Ripley