[nagdu] pupp sitters

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 20:57:15 UTC 2010

Marsha,

Not a clue with the information you asked for.  I won't be making it to
convention this year, so don't have to decide whether to take the poodle or
not.  At four, she's mature enough and has had enough more experience that I
think she would do fairly well.  But I can't help remember late in the
convention a couple of years ago when another poodle guide user bayttled her
way through the crowds with her cane to give greetings and to mention that
the reason I had the only poodle there was because all of the other poodle
guide users knew enough not to bring their dogs to such an intense,
high-stimulation environment.

So I find myself still wondering, for when I do have the resources to get
myself to another convention, what I will decide.  That's when I really,
really wish I had a school to leave her with!  I'd feel a little
overprotective leaving a pet dog with a kennel for that long, but I would do
it after a lot of research and interviewing other clientele and all that.

Bor a guide dog...  I shudder to think!  So I'm glad you have someone from
your school who understands the special needs for a guide.  Whatever your
reasons for deciding to go sans dog.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney