[nagdu] Dog food recommendations

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 29 18:40:47 UTC 2010

Liz,

We feed Natural Balance Potato and Duck.  Our dogs do very well on it,
noticeably better than the did on Iams.  /grin/  Daisy's Dad was reluctant
to make the switch because of the price difference until he had to pay a
bunch of vet bills because of Daisy's allergies...  We've noticed a really
big difference in their coats, their weight, their energy...  And of course,
allergy related problems.

Mitzi also did well on Wellness Super 5 mix and on Evo, which I switched her
to before moving in here with Mr. Iams is great for our dogs.  /smile/  He
is now as snooty about the super-premium stuff as I am!

What we look for is quality of ingredients and limited ingredients.  No
wheat gluten, no by products (especially not as a main ingredient!), no
meal, thank you.  Etc.  We also steer away from corn.  And with Daisy's
chicken allergy, we skip that, too.

Anyway, don't know if that helps.  Since DD drives, we don't do delivery.  I
know a bunch of other people do and can tell you where to look.

Good luck finding the right stuff.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney