[nagdu] guide dogs

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 21:16:05 UTC 2010

Ah.  I get that, having lived ad various times in rural areas without public
transportation...  That can be a tough one.  I actually considered moving
back to the small town a couple of years back because of my parents' health
and decided against it because of the transportation thing.  My family is
not good people to be dependent on!

So now I'm in a semi-rural area where they're just now getting the main road
I use widened and civilized...  So in a couple of years, it will be really
easy for Mitzi and me to go tooling about town on our own without risking
life and limb.  Until then, I am fortunate to have a driver who wouldn't
dream of not taking the dogs.  /smile/

How you can work the issues out with your parents in your situation, I don't
know.  I think it's a good thing that you're talking to them and working
with them ahead of time to soften them up for your future guide dog. /smile/
This way, they can get all the resistance and questions out of their systems
before the dog actually arrives.

It may very well help them quite a bit when they actually meet the dog and
see you working with it for real.  A lot of that depends on them and you.

Hang in there and keep working on it. /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney