[nagdu] So and so lets me pet their dog.

Deanna Lewis deannakay618 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 02:26:33 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
I have a really hard time getting Pascal to ignore people. What are the best strategies for working on that? I do daily obedience with him, but he is always wanting to be pet by someone. I wish I could get him to ignore reaching hands so that they will just stop and give up. Any suggestions???
I am also around a lot of blind people who use dogs and I will usually let him say hi and flirt. He has a lot of girlfriends out there! I guess I am bad too, and want to know if you all do this, but do you pet your friend's guide dogs? Sometimes I do it without asking, just because I am so used to showing my own dog affection, and if dog's head pops in my lap, I have to pet it. LOL Am I a horrible person?
PS: I have been denied a taxi ride before, in Detroit at the National Convention, last year. I was with a group of people, and two of us had guide dogs. He said he would take the people without dogs, but did not allow dogs in his cab. I had only had Pascal 2 months so I did not know how to handle it. I could have asked the guy for the cab name and number, but he probably would have given me false info. Luckily, it only happened that once and not in my home state.

Deanna and Pascal