[nagdu] male vs female yellow vs black

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 10 13:36:16 UTC 2010

I've had 2 yellow labs, 3 black, and one shepherd.  3 males, and 3 females.
I used to travel through some kinda rough places to get to work, so I
asked for a black lab, on the theory that people would be more likely to
leave a black dog alone than a yellow.  I feel like it worked, too, though
I have no evidence.
I don't have the same commute, but I still have a mild preference for
those shiny, beautiful, sleek black dogs.
I thought that males might be sweeter than females, based on my first 2,
but Benny is part cat, and quite aloof, so bang goes that little theory.
Ben also tries to mark a bit, trying to sneak a quick pee squirt as we
pass a pole or something, but my other males did not have that obnoxious
habbit.

I think that next time I might still express a preference for a male black
lab, but really it's the least of my concerns.

Good luck with your soon-to-be new dog, Jessica!
Tracy