[nagdu] Question about decreasing acidity in dog's urine

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Fri Mar 12 02:14:13 UTC 2010

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone might be able to give me a suggestion for decreasing the acidity (or ph level) in my dog's urine. I took her to the vet about a month ago. They did a urinalysis  to rule a UTI. No bacteria was found; however, they found that her PH level was 9, and it's supposed to be 7 (neutral). The vet said that they could give me prescribed food, but I'd like to go the natural route first. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to make her urine less acidic
Hope and Beignet ?