[nagdu] Fw: Watch Dining in the dark, experiencing blindness

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 17:12:09 UTC 2010

Jewel,

Welcome!  And good points.  Learning to dine gracefully, especially in
public, was uncomfortable at first, although like you, I learned by going
out and doing things with friends who just didn't get uptight and insist on
helping me.  So I could think my way through things.  I was also a Rotarian
as my central vision really started fading out, so I got to face the
challenge of the buffet bar and of trying to pretend I was still cool and
stuff around people I wanted to impress.  /smile/  I put more pressure on
myself there, but it was still easy to figure out.

I've been "blind" as far as the loss of my central vision for about 4 years
now.  You make me feel like and old hand!  But continuing one's life while
learning the adaptive skills you need is a good way to go.  Keep it up!

Tami Smith-Kinney