[nagdu] BOOK ON SELF-DEFENSE

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Fri Mar 12 17:59:00 UTC 2010

Tami,,

It sounds like you get out as much as you can right now. It's interesting to
think about balance and the challenges that it poses. When I was working
with an O&M instructor last Tuesday she told me that balance is often more
of a challenge for someone who is blind or visually impaired because they
can't look at a point and focus on it. I found that to be true for me when I
was doing yoga. I was amazed that my muscles still stretched and I could do
pretty much all of the exercises except standing on one foot and bending the
other leg up beside me. I had to touch something to balance. I'll have to
work on it. The good news is that I can work on it which isn't true of
everyone.