[nagdu] Rolling it all the way home

Toni Whaley blind_treasurer at verizon.net
Mon Mar 15 02:45:49 UTC 2010

Mardi,

That's just great. Keep on rolling.

Toni

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Mardi Hadfield
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:38 PM
To: nagdu at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nagdu] Rolling it all the way home

Hi every one, Last night I was invited to go to my friend Rachel's home for
dinner. I would measure the dogs necks for new collars that she was going to
get for Rhett and Bella.Bella is her husband Jeremy's dog. Jeremy is quite
the chef as we had a very delicious Taco Salad for dinner. We were having so
much fun talking about stuff,that I screwed up and did not keep track of the
time. I missed the last bus!I am so glad I took Nala instead of Shaman, as
it was Nala I took the last time I went to this area. I ended up rolling it
all the way home and Nala got me home safely as she knew the way.Shaman  has
never been in this area before.I probably would have gotten lost at 9:00pm
in the dark and in unfamiliar territory. It took me a little less than an
hour to make it home.I called to let Rachel know I made it home safely and
the gave Nala a treat. I know that some day Shaman will be a wonderful
guide. He is still learning and we are still in the bonding process. I am
just glad I still have Nala as she has been such a great guide dog and even
after of months of not working, she  has never forgotten any of her
training.She is just as sharp as ever. Have a great day, Mardi and Shaman
and Nala, not really retired yet.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/