[nagdu] guide dog books

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Mon Mar 15 04:17:32 UTC 2010

Buddy,
Is this book about the history of Fidelco?  I have two guide dog school
history books - one about The Seeing Eye and the other aboout Leader Dogs.
These are print books with great pictures!

I remember hearing about Fidelco before they were a guide dog school back in
the early 1970s when I went to Guide Dog Foundation for my first dog.  John
Byfield was Director of Training for GDF. Fidelco supplied German shepherds
to varous guide dog schols plus to the Connecticut State police.

I think John Byfield was Fidelco's first Director of Training when Fidelco
became a school training guide dogs and training people to use them.  They
never had on-campus training like the other schools - always in-home
training.

Lyn and Landon