[nagdu] presentation about blindness

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 01:11:34 UTC 2010

Does anyone recognize a difference in the way people act towards you when
you have a cane verses a dog? What about when you have no blindness mobility
devices with you? I have to give a presentation about blindness to a class
of 5th graders, and I was wondering how to make them understand that someone
with a mobility device is no different than anyone else. I think they are
more afraid of the fact that I carry a cane, than the fact that I am blind.

PS why are people so afraid of blindness?