[nagdu] guide dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 16 14:46:36 UTC 2010

Sometimes I get nervous working a new route, with my dog or cane.  Then I
do it, and everything is fine, and I say to myself "It's great to be
free!"
Your confidence has to come from within, not from a dog or cane.  For one
thing, a lot of dogs can sense if you feel timid and start worrying about
it, too.
It seems like you've taken the route before, with someone else?  So you
know it.  You can do it!  And doing it alone will let you know that you
can do it, all by yourself!  It's great to be free!

Somehow, even after years and years of going where I want, when I want, by
myself if it's not a group thing, I still get that great feeling of
freedom I remember from my first walk with my first dog.  And I can get
that same feeling going somewhere with my cane. It's great to be free!
Tracy