[nagdu] money saving on pet prescriptions

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:34:40 UTC 2010

Hi guys, I just wanted to write and share something which is saving me
quite a bit of money.  My twelve-year-old retired guide, Bristol is on
Enalapril for high blood pressure.  It is a human medication and isn't
carried by most pet pharmacies like 1800 pet meds.  I was paying 25
dollars for a month's supply at my vets.  My husband called Walgreens
today to ask how much it would be and it's 11 dollars for two months
supply after you pay a 20 dollar yearly fee to sign up.  You can get
all your pet's prescriptions after paying the yearly fee once if they
are human drugs under this plan and it's a lot cheaper than buying
from the vet.  This works well for me because Bristol is also on pred
forte for her eyes which is also a human drug.  I'm not sure if they
cover pet-specific medications but I don't think they do.  I'm going
to get more information about it tomorrow.  My vet is faxing over the
prescription today and I'll pick it up at the same Walgreens where I
get my own medications. It's going to save me a great deal of money
and time, and if your dog takes medications and if you live near
Walgreens it may be a good option.

I don't work for Walgreens and they aren't paying me; I just wanted to
share.

Happy St. Patrick's day, everyone!

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as
sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs." -- Christopher Moore
pawpower4me at gmail.com

Windows Live Only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss