[nagdu] Amount of walking

Gary rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 18 18:06:22 UTC 2010

Hi Tracy:

That is a good question. I too live in the urban setting but have been
asking those  with dogs how much walking / exercising they do with their
guides.  I know I have some changes ahead of me and have planned some routes
home from work where I can wwalk for 20 or 30 minutes. Will walk on a nice
10- 15 minute walk to rapid transit line where I can catch a bus that will
drop me about 10 blocks from home. I worry about my new pooch  getting
enough exercise but since neither me, or my girlfriend, drive we get around
by walking and bussing. I think the hard thing for me is getting to work. I
have to admit to being  lazy first thing in the morning and take a cab to
work. I'm hoping I can take my dog out in the morning to do it's thing, feed
him/her (in which ever order that goes) and still cab it to work. My boss
had a good idea though (she's a real dog lover with two labs). She suggested
taking the cab 3/4 of the way and walk the last 10- 15 blocks. I thought
that was a great idea since then I can control how fast / leisurely we can
do the last bit.  Also, that means I have a clean dog getting into a cab
too. :)

Anyway, I'm curious about how much exercise people give their dogs. Like
Tracy was saying, if you are driving or even bussing if the stops are close,
how much more do you exercise your dogs?

Thanks
Gary