[nagdu] What do you do when you're angry with your dog?

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 18:34:02 UTC 2010

Dar,

I've been entertaining myself with the image of you storming out of the
house in a huff with your cane while your dog watches from the crate...
Well, I've done the same, although I don't crate Mitzi.  I just grab my cane
and blow.  Whaching the ground vigorously to make sure it knows I'm mad at
it!  /lol/  It's a wonder I haven't broken a good cane that way.

Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, but there are just times when the "hard to
get" game is not nearly so amusing as Mitzi thinks it is.  Actually, I can
take a 3-minute walk around the block to convince her she really, really
wants to put on her work clothes.

A couple of months ago, we were taking some guests to the train station, and
Mitzi was being too cute and cool to let me just put the harness on her
without trying to chase around after her.  Oh, aren't we funny?  So I
finally got disgusted, tossed the harness into a corner, grabbed my cane and
blew out with everyone else to get in the car.  Including Daisy, who was
delighted.  We have never, ever before taken Daisy without Mitzi.  It's
usually the other way around if we're not taking both dogs.

Since then, we haven't had a single game of "hard to get."  Funny how that
works...  I guess it's not so amusing if you have to stay home by your
lonesome, is it?  /grin/

The flip side is that I can't even think that I might want to go out
somewhere without having a poodle attached to my leg.  /lol/  Makes it tough
to get ready, especially with the coonhound bouncing around in front of me
to make sure I don't forget her...  We don't have a convenient staging area
by either of the doors, so I need to grab things up from here and there, put
them down to take a final trip to the loo, pick them up, put them down and
remember to grab the think I almost forgot this time...  /lol/  Turns into
quite a production because I can't take a step without tripping over a dog.

Talk about the Law of Unintended Consequences!  Problem solved!  New
problem!

Tami Smith-Kinney