[nagdu] Tami's highway crossing

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 23 13:17:07 UTC 2010

Hi Tami. Your highway crossing sounds pretty hairy.  Would it be possible
to get a light put in? It sounds like it's a problem for more people than
you.
Last year, I finally got my town to put in an audible pedestrian signal at
a T-intersection I need to cross all the time. It was a 3-year struggle,
but it was worth it.  It's amazingly helpful to actually know when I have
the light, instead of trying to guess, and sometimes mistaking a lull in
traffic for the light.  I had to keep pestering, and calling the town
manager and my state assemblywoman, and threatening to get the DOJ
involved, but it was more productive than grumbling to myself, which is
what I'd done before.
Just a thought.
Tracy