[nagdu] Washington - Guide dog killed crossing Kennewick street

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Tue Mar 23 13:37:54 UTC 2010

The responsibility, as a past driver of 30 years is on me and no other. I am
the one operating the mass of machinery which can when inappropriately
operated turns into a killing machine. How would you make an argument for
that same driver who was drinking? Is it the pedestrian who is at fault? I
am not saying the interpretation of the law may in many instances be
resolved as you state, however the driver of any vehicle is responsible for
all seen and unforeseen circumstances when they agree to get behind the
wheel. A driver speeding on an open road is negligent one for speeding and
two for not seeing what lies ahead of him on the roadway. And if at whatever
speed he or she is traveling, if they are not able to stop sufficiently and
in a safe manner before hitting anything in their path, then they are in
violation of much more then a white cane law.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.