[nagdu] What do you do when you're angry with your dog?

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 19:33:07 UTC 2010

Oh, good!  That's the important thing!  Still, I think I would be just as
frustrated/scared/angry/whatever else you may have felt at the time!  While
I don't expect an instructor -- real or imaginary -- to read my mind, and
while I would rather learn to deal with such issues in a controlled setting
with someone to observe and offer useful feedback and alternatives, in that
situation I know myself well enough to see that the "bad day" and "blow it
off" praseology would give me a bad day, which I could not easily blow off.
/grin/  I could tell myself and have half the universe tell me that what I
felt and interpreted was not what the instructor was intending to
communicate, but...  Emotions just aren't that rational, are they?

The important thing is that you were able to learn from the experience and
tha tyou are safe with your dog in the "real world" outside the training
setting.

The goal is, after all, to live to cross the street another day!  /grin/

Which I'm preparing to do and suddenly getting quite silly in order
procastinate...  Giving myself a good case of subconscious paranoia, I am!
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney