[nagdu] Section 501(d)

Michael Hingson mhingson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 27 14:22:22 UTC 2010

Dan,

I think you raise some good points and thank you for sending them to the
group.

As I said, the main issue, I think, is the perception that audible signals
make it "safe" for us to cross.  So long as we keep these signals in
prospective I think they have a place.

I would say that if you feel that even in simple intersections you find that
traffic movement is difficult to ascertain the signal isn't going to help.
It will tell you which way is suppose to be available for crossing, but
without listening for and hearing the traffic you will not have the
information you need to make a safe crossing.

Mike Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
     “Speaking with Vision”
                 Michael Hingson, President
                         (415) 827-4084
                   info at michaelhingson.com
                   www.michaelhingson.com

for info on the new KNFB Reader Mobile, visit:
http://knfbreader.michaelhingson.com