[nagdu] Washington - Guide dog killed crossing Kennewick street

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 15:37:40 UTC 2010

Daivd,

Wow!  Thanks for the high compliment.  Of course, the poodle's real role in
my life is to prevent me from every becoming so unwise as to take myself --
or anything else -- seriously!

I do like your cultural observations about traveling with a white cane in
various parts of the world.  Some of those differences are noticeable in
various parts of our country, even across the state or boundaries between
urban and rural.  Being able to observe it -- and survive it! /grin/ -- in
the contest of a completely different culture must be a lot of fun.  I have
a young friend who travels specifically to learn about disability issues in
other countries, and I love reading her observations.

The whole cell phone, texting, quiet car, etc., business can make crossing
the street too scary to contemplate when one adds it all up going through
the safety checklist.  /grin/  But, if one wants to get to the other side...
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney