[nagdu] New information about more and more people becoming blind

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:33:11 UTC 2010

Albert,

Yeah, I get that quite a bit.  Also that I don't sound deaf.  I wish I
knew what blind looked like, or what deaf sounded like.  Both deaf and
blind have spectrums.  Someone could see or hear nothing, and someone
could see or hear some.  Some deaf voice, and some, like me, who went
deaf as adults, voice for ourselves in addition to using ASL.
I swear sometimes I just don't understand people.  I guess though
deafness and blindness are portrayed in the media and in literature as
being black or white.  You are either totally without sight/hearing or
you are sighted/hearing.  As we know this isn't the case but it's not
a surprise that people will see it that way; we do tend to get most of
our information from the media.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as
sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs." -- Christopher Moore
pawpower4me at gmail.com

Windows Live Only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss