[nagdu] Audible Traffic Signals

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 30 11:03:09 UTC 2010

Just as a bit of clarification on the APS cost, I contacted our County's
Transportation Planner who I work with quite closely.  Here is her response:
Steve,

I got some feedback on the cost of the audible pedestrian crossing signals.
The cost highly depends on whether or not electrical is already available.
For one signal installed in an area that already has the conduits is around
$75,000. It's twice that much if you need to run electrical, but of course
that depends on the distance you need to run to connect to the nearest
conduit.

So it seems to me that the near-worst case scenario is $1,200,000 for 8
signals and electrical-not the 73M you were quoted.

Jackie Eastwood

Transportation  Planner

La Crosse Area Planning Committee

400 4th St N, Room 2300