[nagdu] Bus seating

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 30 12:43:16 UTC 2010

New York City buses have sideways seats at the front, and more sideways
seats by the back door.  My preference is the sideways seats by the back
door, since there is plenty of room for Ben to get under.  My second
preference is the ordinary front-facing seats, since there is still some
room for Ben under them.  I don't like the front sideways seats much at
all.  There is usually no place for Ben to go, and I have to put my legs
around him and try to protect his head from being bashed by bags and
purses.  Not the best place.
If I need to ask about a stop, and I'm in the back, I just ask another
passenger. Or sometimes dig out my GPS.
Same on Jersey buses, where I much prefer the front-facing seats, where
Ben can be safely out of the way.
Tracy