[nagdu] dog adaptability and expectations

Martha Harris latinanewschic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:26:47 UTC 2010

Hi Jenine,
Thanks for the advice. When I did my interview with GDB, I told them I
needed a dog who was a good traveler and could deal with new situations
because I thought I would be moving in June-July to a new state for grad
school. Instead, I am going to blindness training and putting it off for a
year. I agree and think it depends on the dog. I never would have considered
blindness training and crating my other two guides because we just weren't
bonded as strongly in the first year and other dog issues. Dee is a lab, and
she does well with change. During the first month after I got her, we went
to school for two weeks, my mothers for a few days, a conference in St.
Louis with 20,000 college students, to a friend's house for a week, and to
school again, and she was excellent. I'm hoping this change will go as
smoothly. Someone from GDB is coming next week, and I can talk to her about
it then.

Martha