[nagdu] Dirty Busses

Eggmann eggmann at mts.net
Sat Nov 6 02:36:05 UTC 2010

In Winnipeg, we are fortunate to have reasonably clean buses but still,
there are indeed occasions.

My Dog Payton (Miss Payton to you) is a little 57 (give or take) yellow
devil with a 100 pound attitude, a perfect match.  Before I take a seat, I
try to swish my tiny size twelves under the seat to do a little clearance
which even if it doesn't work, makes me feel better. then I slide her under
the seat with her head between my feet and if I'm forced to ride sideways (I
hate that) her back end can go where it pleases.  Otherwise, I adjust the
amount of backwards push accordingly.  In addition, I keep a little tension
on the leash as a little extra control.  In addition to anything which can
loosely be defined as food, Payton likes other delights such as Kleenex,
used or not.  She it pretty good at contracting all appendages to where they
are behind my toes.  I got her to do this by tapping her components
sufficiently firmly to cause discomfort with of course, my feet.  Nothing
like adding a little sole to achieve results.  Hey, it's a whole lot better
than having a passenger grinding down with full weight, especially when we
have been standing out in minus 35 or more, not counting winedchill for
perhaps 20 minutes.

Doug
Question: "how long have you been blind?"
Answer: "what time it it now?

Please update your address book: the signature below contains a new phone
number

Doug Parisian
4-951 Westminster
Winnipeg, MB R3G1B7