[nagdu] Vet costs

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Tue Nov 9 14:49:31 UTC 2010

Tracy,

I'm assuming you don't get a break on your vet costs because Ben is a guide?
I do get ten percent off, which isn't much, but it's something.  Have you
approached them about a discount, which of course they could use as a tax
break?

Anyway, that's pretty pricey, but unfortunately, not unusual.  Was this
blood test  a comprehensive analysis, or were they simply looking for one
thing?  I've found that a total blood work up is extremely expensive.

I haven't looked at pet insurance for a couple years.  It sounds good in
theory, but at least when I did some research on it, it didn't seem all that
cost effective.  I'm thinking of doing a program on this topic at FLAGDU's
annual meeting next May.  I think with the difficult economy, and rising vet
bills, not to mention all these great and necessary, but oh so expensive
drugs for flea control and heartworm, it's the time to put these pet
insurance plans under a microscope to see what they offer.  Most likely your
vet's office has brochures about plans which they consider worthwhile.  But
since our NAGDU list has so many subscribers, perhaps there's some folks out
there who have had experiences with pet insurance, whether fair or foul,
which they are willing to share.

Well, with  Ben's big bill, those hot dogs and beans which you'll be eating
for the next few days aren't really so bad (lol.)

Sherrill