[nagdu] Steps

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:27:04 UTC 2010

Hi, Jorden, My name is Mardi (I am female) and I am working with my third
guide. All my dogs were trained with the help of a private trainer. My first
2 guides were Siberian Huskies and my third is a Belgian Shepherd. I work my
dogs from a wheelchair so I don't do stairs. Lily and Nala were taught to
body block me when they came to up or down stair or curbs. Shaman my current
guide has been taught to sit when we come to stairs or curbs. My dogs have
been taught to find curb cuts or use driveways to get off sidewalks that do
not have curb cuts.They stop first at the driveway and then turn in the
direction of the exit in the driveway. They will then stop again  until I
give the forward left or right command,which ever direction I wish to
proceed. I have several friends with guide dogs and they do things a bit
different than I do.But we all still get where we need to go.    Have a
great day,   Mardi and Shaman and Nala,retired.  P.S.    In case you are
interested,the link to Wolfsinger, my training blog is listed below. The
other blog, The Golden Dragon, is about my visually impaired Bearded Dragon
lizard.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/