[nagdu] EXTERNAL:Re: Full Body Scanning Machines

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Nov 17 14:54:34 UTC 2010

Marsha,
Think for a minute. The radio program you listened to has the goal of
getting people to listen. If they had a bunch of callers say "The
pat-downs are no big deal" they'd have switched topics. Nothing gets
people to pay attention faster then if you say "sexual assault". The old
adage "if it bleeds, it reads" and "the news media's job is to make
people feel like victims and to victimize people" comes into play here.
I really wouldn't worry about this.
I've had the pat-down and it just isn't a big deal
I'll also say, and there is no way to say this politely, as a woman, and
especially if we've had children, well, the pat-down is a piece of cake.

What I'd suggest is that this isn't a blindness issue. Many people trip
the metal detector, anybody with ametal body part like a knee will also
be scanned.
I'd suggest that if this bothers you, you take it outside the blindness
consumer groups, because you'll have  alarger group to build critical
mass.
You could also look into canes or dog harnesses that don't have metal.
My perspective is that just isn't a big deal