[nagdu] EXTERNAL:Re: American Legion Auxiliary Raising FundsforServiceDogfor Disabled Idaho Veteran

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Oct 1 19:00:02 UTC 2010

I wasn't thinking of software development as much as I was thinking of my
own situation.  I waited a year for Helper Dogs to find a dog for me to
train and then another year with Monty before he was ready to guide
responsibly full time.

The 3 to 6 months that many of the guide dog programs advertise does have
it's appeal.  But somehow I think I'd be waiting longer, because I'm picky
and want a dog that isn't typical.

I've also thought about starting with a puppy to owner train.  that'd
definitely be a two year project.  I don't know, it's all a long way off.
I'll probably change my mind 102 times between now and then.

Julie