[nagdu] Blind man struck, dog killed this morning in Burlco, New Jersey

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sat Oct 9 11:40:33 UTC 2010

And, I'm sure it's happened to a lot of us...life is tenuous thing.
I was crossing a few weeks ago and a truck took a right on red, I had just
stepped in to the crosswalk and walked about two steps.  I'm glad Carter was
paying attention.

My sister actually saw it as she was driving past on the parallel street.

I know it's easy for all of us to get caught up in the discussion about
theoretically what could have happened with that poor fellow in the article.
The fact is though that, at the end of the day, we ourselves aren't
responsible for these accidents because pedestrians don't determine what
happens on the street mostly.  It's the driver of thousands o pounds of
steel with four wheels that determine this.
So, let's ll do our best and you're all in my prayers.

I'll admit, every time I read thee stories it makes me feel pretty weary
about crossing streets.

Here at the local intersection one or two people have been hit and several
accidents have occurred in the last few years.

Dan W.