[nagdu] Heels (shoes) and Guide Dogs

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 02:20:25 UTC 2010

Actually, no. Not these stiletto heels! They aren't *quite* stiletto
heels, since they don't come to a point, but the diameter of the heel
at the tip is about a quarter inch. However, these shoes are much
better for my balance than many lower heels because of the ankle and
foot support.

Because they are ankle boots, they support my ankles, which are weak.
Also, it is important to make sure the boots fit properly when bought.
These fit me very snugly with dress socks, with barely a finger
thickness room left at the top, and because of the zipper, it is much
tighter at the ankle and below.

I require a support cane because I lose my balance at times, but I
actually lose my balance *less* when I'm wearing my heeled ankle
boots. I double-checked with my boyfriend on that, and he agreed that
I wear them well, and that I lose my balance less when wearing them.
It's a combination of proper size, comfort, ankle support, and lots of
practice.

Not ranting, just raving!