[nagdu] EXTERNAL:Re: Motorized wheelchairs and scooters

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Fri Oct 29 12:13:49 UTC 2010

Brenda,
What Julie and others have said are correct.
What I'd like to know is why you're using your husband as the gold
standard for guiding. Remember, your husband is there to shop, not
guide. He may guide you, but that isn't why he's there. Your dog will
have nothing else to do but guide.
What I'm getting is that your husband isprobably one heck of a person.
Still, his experiences don't transolate into your dog's job.
Also know that if you don't want to use your dog in this environment,
you don't have to. Many of us use our canes when we feel we need to. We
all have different scenarios when we do this, this may be yours. Nothing
wrong with that.