[nagdu] Something not to put in your dog's harness pouch

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Wed Sep 1 00:53:16 UTC 2010

Oh, now that's one of those stories that's not funny, but really funny.
<snort>

One of our Puppy Walkers had the very good idea of saving empty prescription
bottles, taking the labels off and using them to transport poop samples to
the vet's. You only need a little bit and not to be graphic or anything, but
one piece should do it. Most child-proof caps are also great at keeping odor
in the bottle.

There's also a little plastic gismo called a fecal sampler. It's hard to
describe without going to get one but if anyone wants to know what it looks
like, I'll give it a shot in another message. We give them to our puppy
walkers for their brand new pups. You stick this gismo down into a sample,
get some on the pointy part and screw it back together. Voila! Clean and
odor free, and small enough to fit into your jacket pocket or harness pouch.

I believe these are available through places like KV Vet Supply, not sure
where our kennel staff gets them.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com