[nagdu] Cab drivers in DC pass blind people with guide dogs

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:56:37 UTC 2010

I think this all stems from one thing: what the cab drivers are told
in their training.  I don't take cabs oftin here in St. Louis because
I live on a college campus and don't need them, but I would think the
cab drivers go through some kind of training.  Why isn't it required
that they are told about service dogs in their training?  Why aren't
they told that if they pass by a person with a service dog it is
breaking the law?  It seems pretty logical to me.  I guess it would be
hard to figure out that they are actually passing by people with
service dogs, but I think it would still help a bit.  They should lose
their jobs for doing things like that, immigrant or not.  They want a
job in the US.  They need to comply with our laws, but it circles
around again because if their not told about service dogs how would
they know about the laws in the first place?  I think these kinds of
things are a matter of what these people are tought in their job
training.  If they are not told the right things, they are going to
keep doing things by their own rules, not the by the law.  Just let me
know if I really don't know what I'm talking about.