[nagdu] Traveling Advice

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Thu Sep 30 12:40:56 UTC 2010

Let me first qualify it was during my first 6 months being blind. I was
grabbed and the individual attempted to drag me by my shoulder like I was a
dog, then I was placed in a spot at the boarding area and not introduced to
the attendants, then when I was supposed to get on the plane after waiting
for nearly and hour, the attendant without even asking where I needed to go
started to walk me to baggage claim, rather then to the plane to board. It
gets better. after I announced in an agetattted  voice that I was boarding a
plane not getting off of one, I was then escorted to the tar mack yes the
tar mack and in Manhattan of all places. I was forcibly placed into a seat
and three times heard the bus driver yell that he needs to know when
handicapped people are being put on his bus the handicapped cannot be left
alone the handicapped need special things. I never had that experience
again. I learned more about mobility and grew into my blindness. I never
have an issue nor had an issue since choosing a dog as my mobility aid. I
also, as I cannot put to memory all the different airports in the country,
feel very comfortable getting assistance to my next gate. For the record
this all happened on delta and one of their lesser carriers, while flying to
Florida.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.