[nagdu] Traveling Advice

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 30 18:11:51 UTC 2010

Hi Cindy:

When I leave my dog in the room I have had the privledge of having my girlfriend with me to put on the do not distrub sing to avoid having staff enter my room. I am admittedly a newer user but I am finding the balance with my dog. Yes, I can take him to any restaurant I desire but I have found in my short time with him that sometimes it is more bother than it is worth. He would be more comfortable at home and I enjoy the little break where my focus is not constantly pulled from my partner to my dog. Again, if I'm gong out to a bar then I think my dog would enjoy himself more sleeping by the door wating for me rather than getting stressed in a loud place full of people.

I think when it comes to transportation I will probably continue to inform them I have a dog but when it comes to hotels probably not. To be honest it will mostly be because I would have not even thought of it as an issue. Another way of saying I will forget.  :)

As I mentioned, we all have adopted our ways of doing things based on our experiences and on our personal beliefs. How I deal with travel and other issues related to my dog will undoubtably change as we grow as a team and I encounter different circumstances, positive or negative.

I do love hearing about everyone's experiences and ideas though. Good food for thought.

Thanks
Gary