[nagdu] How do any of you deal with small children wanting to touch your guide dog

solsticesinger solsticesinger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:43:25 UTC 2011

I don't think you were wrong. Petting while in harness is definitely a
personal preference, but I have always had a hands-off-my-dog sort of
policy. Plus, I'm not a huge child person. So, I explain to people that
she's working, and that I don't want her to be distracted. Sometimes, it
upsets kids that they can't pet my dog, but I figure it's not the end of the
world. There will be plenty of things to upset them in life, and my dog
isn't there to keep them from getting hurt feelings.

Shannon and the unpettable Caroline
Are you a fan of women's music? If so, join me, each Wednesday evening from
7-10 eastern, for The Eclectic Collection: a Celebration of Women In Music.
Point your media player to
http://mojoradio.us/listen