[nagdu] intelligent disobedience

Lisa Irving lirving1234 at cox.net
Fri Apr 8 05:26:27 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday my guide dog did something I don't recall my other guide dogs
doing. That is, my current guide dog cut in front of me and then to make his
point, he laid down on the ground.

I was with a group of friends. we were boarding a deep sea fishing boat.
After traveling up a ramp I was told to turn left and step over the
knee-knocker (very high divider. Bernie saw life at his level. He didn't see
over the knee knocker. In front of us was a fence. Beyond the fence was the
ocean. Friend who is a "high partial" filled in the confusing blanks for me.
I couldn't decipher why Bernie wouldn't move. I'm still pretty embarrassed.
After she explained what he was doing and how to help Bernie, I loved all
over him. Wow! Now I know he is smarter than me!

Lisa and Bernie