[nagdu] How do any of you deal with small children wanting to touch your guide dog

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Mon Apr 11 04:10:06 UTC 2011

Well, regarding the children issue, I personally like to stop and let the
children  pet the dog and we then open a dialogue about petting and not
petting and what the dog does for me and why it is not a good thing to pet
dogs when they are working. I never pass up the opportunity to sit with the
little ones, unless I am very pressed for time.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.