[nagdu] How do any of you deal with small childrenwanting totouch your guide dog

Lisa Irving lirving1234 at cox.net
Mon Apr 11 06:26:18 UTC 2011

My three guide dogs have given me the opportunity to do what I call,
flossing their tonsils. It's a very quick and careful swipe of the mouth and
upper part of the throat. I prevented my first guide from eating Oreos using
this flash fast technique. I've prevented Bernie from fully benefiting from
his "search and rescue" of food or semi eatable foods. The worst thing I
scooped out of Bernie's mouth was someone else's feces! Shortly thereafter,
I was introduced to the prong collar by one of Guiding Eye's home trainers.

Lisa and Bernie