[nagdu] should guides be given a second ownerifitdoesn'tworkout with the first owner?

Sarah Clark goldflash9 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 15 16:51:42 UTC 2011

Hi Peggy,
Thinking about it, you probably don't even really need to know why the match
didn't work, if its not something that is going to impact you.  The only
reason I can think of that a handler would need to know is if the dog has
some kind of medical condition where it is going to need prescription dog
food, or baths every couple weeks, or something else that is going to be a
real hassel and/or cost a lot more money than usual.  But then again, I'd
think a handler should know this about any dog regardless if its a reissue
or not.
As long as the reissue matches what the new handler wants, and the handler
is specific in what they want, there shouldn't be any problems. If the
previous handler returned the dog because they didn't like something such as
that the dog scavenged a lot or counter surfed, etc, that shouldn't matter
too much either because if the new handler specifically doesn't want to deal
with a major food distraction issue, they'd want to request a dog that isn't
too food distracted, or ideally, who doesn't have a food distraction problem
at all.

Sarah & Miguel