[nagdu] follow was Grave problems with Pilot Dogs program

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 22:55:41 UTC 2011

Dar,

I'm feeling very stupid today, because when someone else mentioned key
jingling a bit earlier (for me) was the first time I ever thought of it.
And I'd almost forgotten until you mentioned again.  D'oh.  That's so
wonderfully obvious!

I need it, too.  DD had his vocal chords nicked during his cancer surgery (5
years ago now, and he's doing great!), so he can't always project enough
volume for me to hear him, even in only slightly noisy environments, well
enough to follow.  Mitzi's good at following him, but she also gets bored
and would rather go about on errands of her own, which she assumes will be
useful to me, because she's decided that.  /grin/  She kinda has a point,
there.  He's a total stroller and a very leisurely shopper who loves to stop
and contemplate every other item he sees and describe it to me.  I enjoy his
descriptions quite a bit, and he will present items of particular interest
for me to feel, and we have fun.  Only I'm not a stroller any more than
Mitzi is, and am more of a mission-oriented shopper by nature, so sometimes
I would rather use a shopping trip to work on orientation for me and crowd
or route work for her.  The bright side is, she loves, loves, loves to "find
Dad."  So that's fun for me, too.

For follow though, I am definitely going to suggest he jingles his keys.
Why neither of us has ever thought of that is beyond me, but it should work
for us.

Tami Smith-Kinney