[nagdu] Bill of Rights statement Concerning Health, Temperment, & Behavior

Lisa Irving lirving1234 at cox.net
Tue Apr 19 06:28:38 UTC 2011

Marion, I think Julie J. stated very accurately and stated stated accurately
and succinctly  what you're looking for

I went six years between guide dogs for a variety of reasons. For the first
four or so years, it was the profound sense of guilt that I carried for
seemingly failing my guide dog. I felt sick inside for the longest time
because I scolded my guide dog for wetting in his kennel.. I was immensely
frustrated because he smelled foul even after visits to the groomer's. I
received a very curt note from the puppy raiser who took back my guide dog.
It was through the puppy raisers that I learned my dog was being treated for
multiple infections and allergies. I practically begged the school to let me
fly out to NY and bring my guide dog home. It was too late. They released
him.

I hope the Bill of Rights prevents another student from going through what I
went through,  -moreover, prevents a dog guide from suffering and being
retired early.

Lisa and Bernie---- Original Message -----